Marketing and Communications Lead Vacancy
Dance North is on a mission to promote and produce brave and imaginative events that offer people from across the globe to just down the road new opportunities to experience dance. Our reputation is built upon a potent combination of risk-taking, quality and a commitment to challenging expectations. Whether we’re introducing rural audiences to trailblazing contemporary dance, supporting experimental dance practices, or initiating local community dance activities, we see ourselves as leaders in our field.
We are based in the north of Scotland on the stunning Moray Firth coast, near the coastal village of Findhorn and a 2-mile long peninsula amongst beautiful beaches and woodland. Our new office is in the Findhorn Eco-Village, known worldwide as a major international centre for sustainable living.
The organisation has a strong regional, national and international profile as an independent arts organisation and a sixteen-year track record of presenting successful performances and workshops by acclaimed inter/national dance artists, in this beautiful and remote part of Scotland.
Dance North is a Community Interest Company (CIC) and a Regularly Funded Organisation within Creative Scotland’s Regular Funding Portfolio and account managed by Highlands and Islands Enterprise. Our artistic policy runs through our three main strands of activities: our participatory and workshop programme, our performance programme, and our professional training and development programme. These include:
- Rise Dance Festival
- Dance performances and events
- Participatory Dance Programme
- Professional training
- Commissioning and residences
- International artists and cultural exchanges
- Management services
- Sector and network development
Purpose of the role:
Based in Moray and working closely with the rest of the Dance North team, the post-holder will be responsible for Dance North’s marketing and communications activity. We have ambitious goals to develop our brand and grow our audience, and this post will help ensure we meet those aims.
This role will require you to inspire, engage and delight our audience and stakeholders, whether it’s a funder, participant, dance professional or a potential new audience member. We’re looking for a versatile and inquisitive person with a positive attitude, who can write a serious report, a creative promotional intro and a humorous social media post. We are a small and personable team of six people, with diverse working backgrounds, and all living across Moray. As a rurally based company, we are committed to increasing our diversity and inclusion. As such we particularly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including but not limited to disabled people, those who are D/deaf, Black/+ People of Colour, those from minority ethnic communities, those who are part of the LGBT+ community, and all those who feel their voices are not commonly represented.
Creating and implementing project-specific and cross-organisational marketing and promotional plans:
- Devise and deliver Dance North’s audience development strategy and marketing campaigns
- Manage and develop engaging, creative and innovative content across all digital channels
- Audit and analyse our digital activity and campaigns across all channels
- Manage email campaigns, with a particular focus on growing subscribers and optimising the effectiveness of email marketing
- Manage and update Dance North’s website, working with web developers on technical aspects
- Co-ordinate online events listings
- Write copy for print and press releases
- Liaise with designers, printers and distributors
- Liaise with artists on all matters relating to marketing (e.g., gathering copy and images)
- Co-ordinate, collate and analyse audience and attendance data for monitoring and evaluation purposes to inform future marketing plans and reporting to funders
- Administrate online bookings and dealing with online enquiries
- Manage marketing budgets and expenses
Ensuring all documents distributed outside of the organisation are of high quality both in terms of their content and design:
- Produce posters, leaflets and programmes
- Produce final drafts of organisational documents, such as business plans and reports
Other roles would include:
- Attend events, conferences and performances on behalf of the organisation
- Meet with local groups/networks or co-ordinating others to do the same
- Assist with fundraising reports
- Assist with the production of events
- Carry out administration tasks as and when required
- Attend whole company meetings, strategy meetings and a commitment to CPD
This job description should not be considered an exhaustive list of duties, and other tasks not included above may arise, which the post holder will be expected to fulfil. These additional duties will be determined by circumstances and be as and when required.
For the full job description, including personal specification, terms and how to apply, please click here – Marketing & Communications Lead or email firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is 2 March 2021.